• Front Squat

  • Farmer Carry

  • Kettlebell Swing

  • MURPH WOD Group

  • Weighted Pushup

    Sunbathing

2012-05-12

Crossfit Brighton 120510 Post

How did you feel about joining? I was nervous. I heard about Crossfit and some of the exercises. I knew I couldn't do some of the exercises and thought that meant I couldn't participate. The trainers were helpful in scaling the exercises so I could not only participate but could progress at my own pace.

How did you get here? I was looking for something new and different. I was tired of the same, old routine with little or no results.
Reasons why do you come here? Everyday is a challenge. Everyday is different.
Why do you continually come back? The workouts are tough and will humble the everyone at some point but at the same time I can't wait to see what is written on the whiteboard for the day.
How do you feel? I definitely feel some amount of soreness. I also feel like I am in the best shape of my life. I am doing things that I never thought I would be able to do. I am stronger physically and mentally.
What intangible aspect is there to Crossfit? Group atmosphere. People that are willing to work this hard are good, honest and driven people. Initially I was hesitate about the group classes but I quickly realized the members are supportive. We all feed off each other. After a few months, I realized I was helping someone new. This was very empowering.

0 comments: