• Front Squat

  • Farmer Carry

  • Kettlebell Swing

  • MURPH WOD Group

  • Weighted Pushup

    Sunbathing

2009-02-25

Instilling Values in the Next Generation




"Working out together has narrowed the generation gap. For the most part, our activities and thoughts are different from our kids. We spend a lot of time telling kids what they should be doing without doing it ourselves. By training together a message is sent that I’m willing to get involved and that there are benefits from a collective effort."


"As we train together, I want her to learn that these are life skills; from teamwork, confidence building, goal setting, achieving results, to hard work and perseverance! I don’t know how far she will go with soccer, but what she is learning about herself will only help her build a strong foundation and a determination to succeed as a young adult. Also, that staying healthy and active are important your whole life through!! I truly believe this is evident in everything we do in our lives. When you are physically healthy you are also emotionally healthy. I am very proud of Chay, and even though she won’t admit it, I think she is very proud of her mom. "


"After our first few classes, you recommended that Chay and I take some personal training sessions to learn the proper form for lifts and kettle bell work. Jennifer Murray was our instructor. An accomplished athlete herself, I couldn’t have asked for a better role model for my daughter and myself. Jen was a wonderful teacher as she took us step-by-step through all the lifts and swings. Chay caught on very quickly and mom needed a little more repetition. Jen praised our work effort, tweaked our form, and made us laugh. It was an awesome experience. "



"Kids have tremendous pressures in our society today: they face challenges and temptations that involve their bodies and minds. It is crucial for parents today to be involved with their children, not only to monitor their friends and whereabouts, but also to monitor their physical and emotional well-being. I am extremely grateful and blessed to be able to spend time with my children in a place that is nurturing to the mind and body-STICKS. I have watched from near and a far as my children have grown stronger and more confident in their physical bodies. I thoroughly enjoy exercising with my children. We are able to step outside of our typical roles and participate as equals as Chris, Keely, and Jen put us through physical and mental challenges. The opportunity that STICKS has given me to be an active participant in my children’s lives, as well as the chance to connect with them on a different level, is priceless. I would encourage any parent to stand side-by-side with his or her child and go through the elite training that is STICKS. It allows you to grow, not only physically stronger together, but mentally stronger as well. I am truly thankful to be able to spend this time at STICKS, building muscle and confidence, as well as strengthening my bond with my children."



0 comments: