• Front Squat

  • Farmer Carry

  • Kettlebell Swing

  • MURPH WOD Group

  • Weighted Pushup

    Sunbathing

2011-10-18

Crossfit Brighton-111018 Post

I just completed the Detroit marathon using nothing but crossfit as my training. While I didn't break any speed records, I ran hard and feel great afterwards. At mile 21 I remember thinking to myself " this still doesn't hurt as much as 5 rounds of fight gone bad!" I gutted out the last 5 miles and finished with a time of 4:45:11. Again, not a speed record but considering that my Longest training run was 800 meters..I am pleased. I am convinced that training at crossfit Brighton is the reason I was able to accomplish my goal. I have a long way to go but look forward to continuing to improve my overall fitness. In December 4, 2011 I am running the Las Vegas 1/2 marathon. My goal is to finish in under 2 hours using only crossfit as my training. We will see what happens.....thanks again!!!
Mike

0 comments: